While the author believes that the views expressed in this work are in accordance with Christian truth, she submits her judgment to that of the Holy Church and will of course retract any views found by authority to be in error.

Cute Little Totoro

Friday, March 12, 2004

Making up for lost time

I thought I would share this with you, my loving fans. Or at least with my eternal friend, cold, empty internet-land. These articles came out in the time before I had this lovely blog, so I was unable to show them off. These are the two most memorable things I have read in Stud Life ever (aside from the April Fools Day issue last year). Behold their majesty:

"Free Market"
This has got to be the most terrible, god-awful, idiotic article to ever besmirch the pages of our...um..."fine" student newspaper. This is even worse than a lot of the stuff in Southpaw. And surprise surprise, it was written by Shawn Redden. I think I'll just let you read it for yourself. But first, this excerpt:

"The idea that we have a 'free market' is nonsense. The apocryphal idea of its reality is doubtless the most dangerous illusion our society confronts, since it may lead the entire species to self-destruction.

Thanks to the 'free market,' we live in a Hobbesian world of war against ourselves, treating fellow citizens as enemies and competitors. "

"Gay Marrige Unconstitutional"

In contrast is this fine article, which not only expresses and argues for the position on gay marrige that I and a lot of people very different from me hold, but it is also written by none other than Roman Goldstien. I think that if Roman, Mike, Kevin Vallier and I all hold such similar (mind you, this may not be exactly Mike's position, but it sounds very much like what he has said in the past), that this situation is an excellent example of the the three person rule.

Also, catching up, the Missouri Supreme Court ruled that the concealed carry bill was constitutional. While I run the risk of alienating a good 75% of my friends and family by saying this, I am very happy about this.

That's all for now, boys and girls.

0 Comments:

Add a comment