While the author believes that the views expressed in this work are in accordance with Christian truth, she submits her judgment to that of the Holy Church and will of course retract any views found by authority to be in error.

Cute Little Totoro

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Testing sucks, Ok Go and G. K. Chesterton rock, aka, Ryan introduces you all to the finer things in life

I knew more than half of the IDs on the Immegrant Expirience exam. So that's good. I don't think I'll need to take the final for that class. Though I may very well go to my grave wondering what the heck "street money" is. But that's a small price to pay to be able to not take the two 4-6 page essays about something more boring than words can express take home test.

So that's all ok.

On the other hand, I have no idea how well I did on the Petrology exam. I may have gotten an 80. I may have gotten a 40. I just really have no idea. So I'm going to stop thinking about it until it comes back. If you really want more about it, check out the List.

The rest of this entry will be mostly written by people much more talented than myself. Which should be good.


On to things that rock. Things that aren't rocks. Ok Go is super cool, and if you have some sort of illeagal music thing, you should download their album. I especially recomend "Hello, My Treacherous Friends", lyrics below. This song is every bit as cool as the lyrics suggest.

Sitting for lunch in a square in this town
(this town that I'm new to),
new fellow from my new town sat me down
and explained it to me:
how when I spin from him I spin from myself,
the center can double the speed of the crust.
Thank you, my treacherous friends.
I'm cringing for myself when I cringe for you.

Hello, my treacherous friends,
and thank you for joining me here tonight.
I brought you all here to discuss, as I must,
how grateful I am for your insights.

With regard to my newborn arachnid kids,
there's something we must discuss:
perhaps we should sit them down and explain
how not to be saved.
Perhaps you could help me to demonstrate
how your center can keep up its sickening spin.
Thank you, my treacherous friends.
Perhaps for my children your surface will smile.

Hello, my treacherous friends,
and thank you for joining me here tonight.
I brought you all here to discuss, as I must,
the fate of my children, the spiders.

Hello, my treacherous friends,
and thank you for joining me here tonight.
I brought you all here to discuss, as I must,
how pleasant has been this demise

Isn't that great?

Next, this poem by G. K. Chesterton.

The Sword of Surprise

Sunder me from my bones, O sword of God
Till they stand stark and strange as do the trees;
That I whose heart goes up with the soaring woods
May marvel as much at these.

Sunder me from my blood that in the dark
I hear that red ancestral river run
Like branching buried floods that find the sea
But never see the sun.

Give me miraculous eyes to see my eyes
Those rolling mirrors made alive in me
Terrible crystals more incredible
Than all the things they see

Sunder me from my soul, that I may see
The sins like streaming wounds, the life's brave beat
Till I shall save myself as I would save
A stranger in the street.

That's it. You can go home now.

0 Comments:

Add a comment