While the author believes that the views expressed in this work are in accordance with Christian truth, she submits her judgment to that of the Holy Church and will of course retract any views found by authority to be in error.

Cute Little Totoro

Monday, April 05, 2004

Speaking of star trek...

One last entry, then I'll write that page, I swear.

There are a lot of things in this world that I enjoy, but I feel like I shouldn't because it's beneath me. Mostly it's the part of me that wants to be cool that objects. Or really, it's more the part of me that thinks I am cool, and some things just aren't befiting of someone of my dignity and position. I hate that part of me. So in the intrests of thwarting my self-conceit and pride, here are things.

Star Trek. I like star trek in practically all it's forms. All except it's movie forms, anyway.

Shojo manga. I'm not as secretive about this, because very few of the people I know know what this is. If people knew the ridiculous, melodramatic, romantic plots of things like Celestial Lover Ceres and Alice 19th, I would be much less open about their consumption, and part of the careful image that I try to project would crumble. These things are not very far removed from romance novels. At all.

Cop shows. Not like law and order, more like the forensic shows with the dramatic re-enactments.

Geology. I try to hide it (I'm sure very poorly) but I really do think rocks are so cool. So is going out into a cave and standing in the dark and drawing stuff, and stopping by the side of the highway and looking at rocks. I think limestone stratigraphy is interesting. I think crystal symmetry is the coolest thing ever. I really do. I say basalt tetrahedron are boring, but they aren't. They're fascianting. I'm such a terrible underachiever.

The Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. Wow, they're like romance novels, detective novels and vampire novels all rolled into one. Plus, they're set in St. Louis. They're just the greatest.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be sure to add more things when I think my ego can handle it.

0 Comments:

Add a comment